The exclusive Sustainable Products for the Future collection from Island Block & Paving have achieved Global Green Tag certification and includes a unique, environmentally beneficial range of bricks, retaining wall blocks, concrete building blocks and weed-free paving; all products use coloured recycled glass aggregates instead of natural resources. These patented building products are trademarked as Bricks for the Future, Blocks for the Future, Pavers for the Future and the Freestone ECO Retaining Wall System.
In simple terms the use of the “Sustainable Products for the Future” range, minimises landfill in Australia whilst simultaneously reducing the mining of natural resources typically used in manufacture, thus resulting in a sustainable high end finished product.
“It’s easy being green” by using “Sustainable Products for the Future”.
island Block & Paving is quality assured to ISO 9001:2008 and is committed to manufacturing more sustainable, environmentally beneficial building products where possible.
The Sustainable Products for the Future range is manufactured with up to 40% coloured glass aggregate. The environmental benefits of these more eco-friendly, recycled building materials are enormous as natural resourced aggregates such as sand and metal dust, are replaced in manufacture by a potential landfill product. Due to the cementitious value of the finely crushed recycled glass, cement usage is reduced by 10% – therefore CO2 emissions are lowered when our environmentally friendly building materials are produced. When you decide to purchase the superior products from Island Block & Paving, you are not only guaranteed to get a great price on your building materials, but also peace of mind for having chosen a more sustainable product.
Key Environmental Benefits:
- Reduces landfill
- Up to 40% recycled glass aggregate used.
- Up to 40% less natural resources used.
- 10% reduction in cement usage = lower CO2 emissions.
To view our displays visit these showrooms:
- Island Block & Paving – Midlands Highway, Breadalbane
- Island Block & Paving – 41 Howard Rd, Glenorchy
- Melbourne Brick, various Melbourne outlets
- Amber Tiles, various Sydney outlets
- MD Brick, various Sydney outlets
- Amber Tiles – Fyshwick, Canberra
- Australian Paving Centre, various Adelaide outlets
- We deliver across Tasmania including Hobart, Launceston, Devonport, Burnie, Smithton, St Helens and Scottsdale