Key benefits include:
- Environmentally responsible
- Reduces the load on existing drainage infrastructure
- Similar load bearing capacity as standard pavers
- Cost effective
- Reduces moisture evaporation from soil sub grade
- Better surface run off control
Permeable ECO pavers are becoming more popular due to increasing water restrictions and drought conditions. Designers are now getting influenced by various authorities to use storm water management options that go beyond the conventional practice of collecting storm water run-off and draining it off site.
Permeable ECO paving system sizes available:
- 400 x 300 x 50mm thick
- 400 x 300 x 65mm thick (trafficable – light vehicles)
- 230 x 113 x 80mm thick (trafficable – commercial vehicles)
By installing a pavement using Permeable ECO pavers, water is encouraged to infiltrate through the pavement surface and substructure to the ground below. Permeable pavers are installed so a series of drainage holes are formed in the pavement surface. These drainage holes are filled with a small aggregate (2 – 5mm) to allow water to pass through the surface to the layers below. These layers then allow the water to infiltrate into the sub grade to be drained or stored to a suitable location.
Other Sustainable Products for the Future: